1) Perfect your Cupid's bow by drawing an "X" on your upper lip first as a guideline.
To make the Cupid's Bow part of your pout look perfect, The easiest and quickest way is to take a lip liner in the same shade as your lipstick and create an "X" at your Cupid's bow. Then, apply your lipstick and follow the angle of the X.
2) Mix loose pigments with a petroleum jelly to make our own custom lip gloss.
If you have loose eye shadow pigments that your obsessed with and want to wear as a lip shade, blend it with a little bit of petroleum jelly in a spoon and apply to your lips.
3) Dust on translucent powder in between coating on mascara to plump up your lashes.
The translucent powder, or baby powder helps grip the mascara in between coats, leaving fuller lashes, with more volume.
4) Add Saline to a flaky mascara formula to re-wet it.
You're only supposed to to keep mascara for 3 months, because beyond that point, it can collect bacteria and lead to eye infections. However, if your Mascara dries up within those 3 months, revive it with a couple drops of saline solution.
5) Draw a slanted hashtag at the corner of your eye, and then blend it for an instantly smokey effect.
To create an easy smokey eye, draw a hashtag symbol right before the outer corner of your eye and then blend it out with the smudger at the other end of your eye liner.
6) Hit the eyelash curler with a hair dryer to heat it up, so your lashes curl easier.
Blowing hot air on your eyelash curler will help your lashes curl easier and stay curled longer; it works the same way heat changes the pattern or your hair and holds a curl with a curling iron. To do it, hit the lash curler with your blow dryer until it heats up, Then allow it too cool slightly but is still warm (you want to be sure not to burn your eyelid), and then clamp down on your lashes to curl them.
7) Conceal dark circles and puffy eyes right away by creating a triangle with your cover-up.
You might be a fan of dotting on your concealer in the spots you need it, but the best way is to actually apply it in a triangular formation with the base of the triangle directly under your lash line and the point towards the bottom of your cheek. This shape helps conceal any redness at the bottom of your eye and at the sides, and then instantly creates the illusion that your face is lifted, since the brightest point is most intense under your eye.
8) Quick and easy fuller lips
If you want your lips to look fuller, just apply some light pencil in the centre of your lips to help bring out your natural volume.
9) To make your lipstick last all day, Hold a tissue over your lips and then dust them with translucent powder.
This might seem over the top, but the payoff is worth it. Not only does translucent powder set a bold shade, making the colour instantly longer wearing, but it also acts as a protective shield to your lip colour, protecting it from losing its vibrancy. (note: translucent powder, even though its supposed to be clear, it still has a subtle white tint which can alter lip shade).
10) Hairspray your bobby pins for a much stronger hold.
If you don't want to bother with fixing and re-fixing your hair all day long, spray your bobby pins with hairspray before putting them in.
11) Apply eye lash glue to false lashes with the tip of a clean bobby pin.
Use the tip of a bobby pin to evenly disperse the glue along the base of your falsies. Then, wait a few seconds for the glue to get tacky and apply.
12) Use a spoon to create the perfect winged liner.
Holding the stem of the spoon against the outer corner of your eye, draw the straight line as the first step for your cat-eye. Then flip the spoon so its hugging your eyelid, and use the rounded outer edge to create a perfectly curved winged effect.
13) Use the same spoon to avoid mascara marks on your upper eye lid.
Hold the spoon so its hugging your eyelid, and then apply your mascara like you normally would. As you sweep the mascara wand against your lashes and the back of your spoon, watch as the residue coats the back of the spoon rather then your skin.